Alvin and the Chipmunks: Fun on the Moon is an upcoming 2018 film, the fifth film in the franchise.
The Chipettes have moved back in with the Chipmunks after their stint as guest judges on American Idol, and nothing could be better. One night, while Dave is watching the news, he sees a video of the Chipmunks and Chipettes boarding a NASA rocket hurtling to the moon. Dave, Miles, and Samantha go to NASA headquarters, where they meet a young scientist who falls in love with Miles. This meeting sends Dave, Miles, and Samantha on an unforgettable journey to the moon to rescue the Chipmunks and Chipettes.
- Jason Lee as Dave Seville
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Samantha
- Josh Green as Miles
- Daisy Ridley as Jane Morgan, a young British scientist working for NASA
- Hugh Bonneville as John Morgan, Jane's father who is the NASA administrator
- Justin Long as Alvin
- Matthew Gray Gubler as Simon
- Jesse McCartney as Theodore
- Christina Applegate as Brittany
- Anna Faris as Jeanette
- Kaley Cuoco as Eleanor
- Zachary Levi as Toby Seville, Dave's cousin who is now the NASA deputy administrator